Please use SVI (interface Vlan) and configure this port as trunk..
AFAIR, sub-interfaces are not supported on the 3560.
See http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/howto_L3_intervlanrouting.html
for an example..
oli
Richey <> wrote on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 10:53 PM:
> I am sure it won't do ISL, we use Tranzeo and Canopy. I have tried
> messing with dot1Q as well, but I get the same results. Does anyone
> have a suggestion as to how to accomplish what I am trying to do?
> Just some things laying around the building are some 3500XL and 4000
> switches.
>
> This is one of those things where to start with they were going to
> get a feed off of a fast Ethernet port in a 7206VXR with a single
> subnet, no problem. Then sales fails to tell me that there are 3
> customers in this building and they have each been promised their own
> subnet, oh and by Friday. Oh how I hate sales.
>
> Richey
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Church, Charles [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 4:03 PM
> To: Richey; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: [c-nsp] Sub Interfaces on 3660
>
> Can the radio do ISL encapsulation? Seems like it'd be unlikely,
> since Cisco's been pushing dot1q for a while.
>
> Chuck
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Richey
> Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 3:48 PM
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: [c-nsp] Sub Interfaces on 3660
>
> I am trying to setup Ethernet sub internfaces on a 3660. I can
> create the
> interface and ping it from the router but when I connect my laptop up
> to the
> port and try and ping the same IP I get nothing. I am sure I am
> missing more. The Google lottery turns up some stuff about bridge
> groups but it's
> turning up more sales type documents than how tos.
>
>
>
> What I am trying to do is I physically connecting FA0/1 to a Radio
> that sends a point to point link to a building where I have 3 separate
> networks.
> I am coming out of the Radio on the far side into a switch and then
> out
> to 3
> networks (Which are the 3 sub interfaces) After I get this working
> I will
> relace the private IPs with smaller subnets of public IPs.
>
>
>
> !
>
> interface FastEthernet0/1
>
> ip address 10.100.1.1 255.255.255.0
>
> duplex auto
>
> speed auto
>
> !
>
> interface FastEthernet0/1.100
>
> encapsulation isl 100
>
> ip address 10.100.100.1 255.255.255.0
>
> no ip redirects
>
> !
>
> interface FastEthernet0/1.101
>
> encapsulation isl 101
>
> ip address 10.100.101.1 255.255.255.0
>
> no ip redirects
>
> !
>
> interface FastEthernet0/1.102
>
> encapsulation isl 101
>
> ip address 10.100.102.1 255.255.255.0
>
> no ip redirects
>
> !
>
>
>
> Thanks
>
> -Richey
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
>
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/