I have tried this with FA0/1 numbered and unnumbered.  I get the same result
for any sub interface, though I can ping 10.1.1.1 if that IP bound to FA0/1

-Richey

-----Original Message-----
From: Burton Windle [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 3:52 PM
To: Richey
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Sub Interfaces on 3660

I think it is usually a bad idea to have an IP on a physical interface 
that also has subints.

Try removing the IP info from the physical int, and move it to a subint of 
the same port.


-- 
Burton Windle                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]


On Wed, 11 Apr 2007, Richey wrote:

>
> interface FastEthernet0/1
>
> ip address 10.100.1.1 255.255.255.0
>
> duplex auto
>
> speed auto
>
> !
>
> interface FastEthernet0/1.100
>
> encapsulation isl 100
>
> ip address 10.100.100.1 255.255.255.0
>
> no ip redirects
>
> !
>

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to