On Tuesday 22 May 2007, Nassess, George wrote:
> I am in the process of extending our distributed VoIP call center to a
> partner company, and their networking staff are extremely adamant that
> they do not wish to implement QoS on their remote LAN, the DS3 link that
> the voice traffic will traverse, or the core LAN in our shared
> datacenter.

In a small case, we had voip going over dual T1 (mlppp)
with a 2600 router doing priority queuing for the RTP.
When simultaneous calls got up to the 6+ level the cpu
load on the router negated any benefit from priority queuing.

So, I now use one T1 for data and one for voice, no QOS at all,
and everyone is happy.

Another installation has almost the same set-up you describe,
and no QoS.

With the scenario you painted: "remote LAN, DS3, core LAN", I wouldn't
do QoS either... until forced to by actual performance issues.

-mark

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to