Hi Try ping the interface from outside the router. Ie on from onother interface like Ethernet
Wycliffe -----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2007 5:42 PM To: [email protected] Subject: [c-nsp] Regarding HSSI Loop back test Hi All, I am doing loopback test for HSSI in 3825 router. I have connected the HSSI to a Comtech CDM 600 router by using HSSI to LVDS converter. Now I want to test loopback on the router to make sure HSSI is working fine. What I did is: I have connected the router to the modem (as I told above) and I make a physical loop in the modem with a RF cable (connecting TX to RX). and I have give the following configs on the HSSI interface. #sh run interface hssi 0/1 ip address 83.229.2.82 255.255.255.252 loopback dte serial restart_delay 0 no cdp enable end and when I ping the interface from the console, i am not getting reply. Iam getting the following output when i run "sh int" command: 3825#sh int hssi 1/0 Hssi1/0 is up, line protocol is up Hardware is M1T-HSSI-B Internet address is 83.229.2.82/30 MTU 4470 bytes, BW 45045 Kbit, DLY 200 usec, reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255 Encapsulation HDLC, crc 16, loopback set (dte) Keepalive set (10 sec) Restart-Delay is 0 secs Last input never, output 00:00:12, output hang never Last clearing of "show interface" counters 00:05:36 Input queue: 0/75/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 0 Queueing strategy: fifo Output queue: 0/40 (size/max) 5 minute input rate 0 bits/sec, 0 packets/sec 5 minute output rate 0 bits/sec, 0 packets/sec 0 packets input, 0 bytes, 0 no buffer Received 0 broadcasts, 0 runts, 0 giants, 0 throttles 0 parity 18 input errors, 14 CRC, 0 frame, 3 overrun, 0 ignored, 1 abort 15 packets output, 680 bytes, 0 underruns 0 output errors, 0 applique, 22 interface resets 0 output buffer failures, 0 output buffers swapped out 46 carrier transitions LC=down CA=up TM=down LB=up TA=up LA=up 3825# 3825#ping 83.229.2.82 Type escape sequence to abort. Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 83.229.2.82, timeout is 2 seconds: ..... Success rate is 0 percent (0/5) Has anyone else faced this problem before, Please share the solution Thanks in Advance Kris. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- This mail sent through Toaster-Horde (http://qmailtoaster.clikka.com/) _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.476 / Virus Database: 269.10.0/886 - Release Date: 7/4/2007 1:40 PM No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.476 / Virus Database: 269.10.0/887 - Release Date: 7/5/2007 1:55 PM _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
