> > 2511s are cheap on eBay too, I see no reason to pay more per port > > for anything else. > > We also prefer the 2511 for this, actually the 2511-RJ to avoid > the octapus cables. The down-side is the general lack of SSH on > the IOS versions that support the 2511s.
The downside is alot bigger than that, given that End of Renewal for them is less than a year away. Of all devices, a console server is certainly one I'd want to make sure got updates to PSIRT issues.... I liked the AS2511-RJ as well and still have plenty in service, but its been time to move on for quite awhile. A 2801 (since unfortunately it was decided to limit the 1841 to a HWIC-8A), with a nice breakout panel, ie: http://www.networkcable.com/PatchPanels/hwic.cfm ...and you've got a very nice replacement. _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
