Phil, Just a clarification. The interop issue only comes into play if you run SSM in the P domain. There is no interop issue if ASM is used in the P domain.
-----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Phil Mayers Sent: Friday, September 14, 2007 10:30 AM To: Harkins, Darren Cc: [email protected] Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Draft Rosen M-VPN On Fri, 2007-09-14 at 11:59 +0100, Harkins, Darren wrote: > Has anyone had experience using draft Rosen M-VPN, using GRE tunnels > and/or IP encapsulation, on Cisco (and cross vendor - gin-fixated!) > boxes? (Current mix of 7200 and 6500 + and M7i or two) Yes, on 6500s. It "just works" (tm). HOWEVER: 12.2SXF cannot interoperate with JunOS because it uses pre-standard method to discover MVPN members: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6604/products_white_paper0900aecd8 0581f3d.shtml I believe 12.2(33)SRB has MVPN SAFI support; I'm not sure if 12.2(33)SXH does, but if not it's definitely scheduled for a later release. I STRONGLY recommend you use SSM for the outer group range. _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
