Phil,

JUNOS 8.4 came out with support for SSM for MVPN. They do not use the
MDT SAFI for this purpose though. The support for SSM is rather based on
draft-ietf-l3vpn-2547bis-mcast-bgp-03, which introduces a new SAFI
called MCAST-VPN. So again, no SSM interoperability yet for MVPN between
IOS and JUNOS.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l3vpn-2547bis-mcast-bgp-0
3.txt 

Regards,

-----Original Message-----
From: Phil Mayers [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Saturday, September 15, 2007 2:08 PM
To: Harold Ritter (hritter)
Cc: Harkins, Darren; [email protected]
Subject: RE: [c-nsp] Draft Rosen M-VPN

On Sat, 2007-09-15 at 13:52 -0400, Harold Ritter (hritter) wrote:
> Phil,
> 
> Yes but only if this router is a route reflector.

Ah, of course.

> 
> As far as I know, JUNOS does not support old-style nor MDT SAFI 
> format, so ASM would be the only option for interoperability.

I don't have access to a box right now, but I was under the impression
it did; I remember having 2 J-series routers on the bench and finally
realising that MVPN with SSM in the P-space wasn't working because the
6500s were running 12.2SXF and they used the older RD-type-2.

It might be dependent on a later 8.x release number however. Or, my
memory could be completely faulty - I didn't after all verify it since
none of the Cisco boxes I had did MFT SAFI at the time either ;o)

> 
> BTW, BGP MDT SAFI is supported in 12.2(33)SXH and 12.2(33)SRB but not 
> SRA.

Cool, thanks for the info.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to