Yeah, I agree with that. My father in upstate NY has DSL from Verizon, and they provide a Westell device that acts as a DHCP server and does NAT/PAT, much like a Linksys/DLink/whatever router, although there is just one inside ethernet port on it. I didn't see any way to disable the routing, and have it assign a routable address to the inside device. You can probably make the 'inner' router a DMZ device and get the VPN to work, but it's just asking for trouble in the long run.
Chuck -----Original Message----- I can't second that. It is more flexible (what if we switch to cable internet...), but not likely to be more reliable. Add to that the mess of more wires due to the daisy chaining and increased complexity in troubleshooting (is it the modem or the router?). _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
