Daniel,
On cisco you'll see your prefix-list / as-path access-list hit (match). And if you show ip bgp "denied/filtered prefix" it's not available on your routing table. rgs a.r.isnaini.rangkayo sutan ----- Original Message ----- From: "Daniel Faubel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "Peter Rathlev" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "cisco-nsp" <[email protected]> Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2007 4:30 AM Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Filtered BGP routes > Thanks for your help. It looks like Cisco can't do what I want. > > In Foundry, if I wanted to look at what routes are being filtered from a > BGP peer I just have to do this. > > #sh ip bgp neighbors 206.223.143.252 received-routes | inc EF > 283 63.245.223.0/24 206.223.143.109 100 0 > EF > 801 130.95.156.206/32 206.223.143.64 0 100 0 > EF > 807 130.155.98.1/32 206.223.143.64 0 100 0 > EF > 864 138.194.21.154/32 206.223.143.64 0 100 0 > EF > > This peer is sending 4 prefixes that I am denying for one reason or > another. > > Here is the "sh ip bgp sum" for that peer: > 206.223.143.252 19996 ESTAB 6d21h24m 2040 4 20 0 > > This output tells me I am accepting 2040 prefixes, filtering 4, and > sending 20. > > Daniel Faubel > Network Manager > Net2EZ - Managed Data Centers > 310-426-9933 x1 NOC > 310-426-9933 x110 Direct > [EMAIL PROTECTED] > > > -----Original Message----- > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] > [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Peter Rathlev > Sent: Friday, December 14, 2007 1:14 PM > To: cisco-nsp > Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Filtered BGP routes > > Just in case: I presume you just want to see the sent prefixes, and that > you don't need to know WHY they're not imported or anything. My > knowledge about Foundry can be summed up on the back on a postage stamp, > so I'm not sure what you get/want from the show commands you mention. > > Regards, > Peter Rathlev > > On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 22:09 +0100, Peter Rathlev wrote: >> On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 12:52 -0800, Daniel Faubel wrote: >> > Maybe I am asking the question in the wrong way. >> > >> > In a Foundry router when I type in this: >> > sh ip bgp neighbors IP_ADDRESS received-routes >> > >> > >> > I get this very near the top: >> > Status A:AGGREGATE B:BEST b:NOT-INSTALLED-BEST C:CONFED_EBGP > D:DAMPED >> > E:EBGP H:HISTORY I:IBGP L:LOCAL M:MULTIPATH S:SUPPRESSED >> > F:FILTERED >> > >> > >> > Filtered being what I have filtered based off of prefix or as-path >> > lists. >> > >> > >> > On the Cisco I type in this: >> > sh ip bgp neighbors IP_ADDRESS received-routes >> > >> > And get this near the top: >> > Status codes: s suppressed, d damped, h history, * valid, > best, i > - >> > internal, >> > r RIB-failure, S Stale >> > Origin codes: i - IGP, e - EGP, ? - incomplete >> > >> > >> > >> > I understand how to view the routes I am getting from the peer. How > do I >> > view the filtered/blocked/denied routes? >> >> Hmm... I'll try with an example. This is done using a C3560 running IP >> SERVICES, and is done inside a VRF, but that shouldn't make any >> difference. >> >> I have a CE router (the C3560) neighboring a PE router in the >> "mjna_servpri" VRF. Here are some show commands (with slight >> reformatting): >> >> ! ce-aars-bladec-1#sh ip bgp vpnv4 vrf mjna_servpri >> ! BGP table version is 104, local router ID is 10.255.48.2 >> ! Status codes: s suppressed, d damped, h history, * valid, > best, >> ! i - internal, r RIB-failure, S Stale >> ! Origin codes: i - IGP, e - EGP, ? - incomplete >> ! >> ! Network Next Hop Metric LocPrf Weight Path >> ! Route Distinguisher: 64512:321 (default for vrf mjna_servpri) >> ! *> 0.0.0.0 10.255.48.17 0 64512 i >> ! *> 10.253.255.208/29 >> ! 0.0.0.0 0 32768 i >> >> Here I only receive a default route and source one network locally. > The >> relevant configuration is: >> >> ip prefix-list ONLY-DEFAULT permit 0.0.0.0/0 >> ip prefix-list ONLY-DEFAULT deny 0.0.0.0/0 le 32 >> ! >> router bgp 64982 >> address-family ipv4 vrf mjna_servpri >> neighbor 10.255.48.17 remote-as 64512 >> neighbor 10.255.48.17 activate >> neighbor 10.255.48.17 prefix-list ONLY-DEFAULT in >> neighbor 10.255.48.17 soft-reconfiguration inbound >> exit-address-family >> ! >> exit >> ! >> >> ! ce-aars-bladec-1#sh ip bgp vpnv4 vrf mjna_servpri sum >> ! <snip> >> ! Neighbor V AS MsgR MsgS TblV InQ OutQ Up/Down State/PfxR >> ! 10.255.48.17 4 64512 3991 3974 104 0 0 00:53:11 1 >> >> The summary shows that I "receive" 1 prefix, and that is after >> filtering. Now the "received-routes": >> >> ! ce-aars-bladec-1#sh ip bgp vpnv4 vrf mjna_servpri nei 10.255.48.17 >> ! received-routes >> ! BGP table version is 104, local router ID is 10.255.48.2 >> ! Status codes: s suppressed, d damped, h history, * valid, > best, >> ! i - internal, r RIB-failure, S Stale >> ! Origin codes: i - IGP, e - EGP, ? - incomplete >> ! >> ! Network Next Hop Weight Path >> ! Route Distinguisher: 64512:321 (default for vrf mjna_servpri) >> ! * 0.0.0.0 10.255.48.17 0 64512 i >> ! * 10.248.21.0/28 10.255.48.17 0 64512 i >> ! * 10.253.2.0/24 10.255.48.17 0 64512 64983 i >> ! * 10.253.2.10/32 10.255.48.17 0 64512 65017 i >> ! * 10.253.2.11/32 10.255.48.17 0 64512 65017 i >> ! * 10.253.33.0/24 10.255.48.17 0 64512 64983 i >> ! * 10.253.251.0/24 10.255.48.17 0 64512 64983 i >> ! * 10.253.252.0/24 10.255.48.17 0 64512 64983 i >> ! * 10.253.254.0/24 10.255.48.17 0 64512 65010 i >> ! * 10.253.255.0/24 10.255.48.17 0 64512 65021 64991 i >> ! * 10.253.255.6/32 10.255.48.17 0 64512 64983 i >> ! * 10.253.255.20/32 10.255.48.17 0 64512 64983 i >> ! * 10.253.255.200/32 >> ! 10.255.48.17 0 64512 64983 i >> ! >> ! Total number of prefixes 13 >> ! ce-aars-bladec-1# >> >> This show me all the prefixes the neighbor sent me. They're not >> installed in the BGP table, but are saved: >> >> ! ce-aars-bladec-1#sh ip bgp vpnv4 vrf mjna_servpri nei 10.255.48.17 >> ! BGP neighbor is 10.255.48.17, vrf mjna_servpri, remote AS 64512, >> ! external link >> ! BGP version 4, remote router ID 10.252.255.8 >> ! BGP state = Established, up for 01:04:47 >> <snip> >> ! Inbound soft reconfiguration allowed >> ! Sent Rcvd >> ! Prefix activity: ---- ---- >> ! Prefixes Current: 1 1 (Consumes 952 bytes) >> ! Prefixes Total: 1 1 >> ! Implicit Withdraw: 1 0 >> ! Explicit Withdraw: 0 0 >> ! Used as bestpath: n/a 1 >> ! Used as multipath: n/a 0 >> ! Saved (soft-reconfig): n/a 13 (Consumes 884 bytes) >> ! >> ! Outbound Inbound >> ! Local Policy Denied Prefixes: -------- ------- >> ! prefix-list 0 12 >> ! Bestpath from this peer: 2 n/a >> ! Total: 2 12 >> ! Number of NLRIs in the update sent: max 0, min 0 >> >> I hope this sheds a little more light on the problem. >> >> BTW: If I try the "show ... received-routes" without soft reconfig >> enabled on this platform, I get: >> >> ce-aars-bladec-1#sh ip bgp nei 10.241.16.253 received-routes >> % Inbound soft reconfiguration not enabled on 10.241.16.253 >> ce-aars-bladec-1# >> >> Regards, >> Peter Rathlev >> >> >> > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
