> -----Original Message----- > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:cisco-nsp- > [EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Daniel Faubel > Sent: 14 December 2007 10:52 PM > To: Peter Rathlev; [email protected] > Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Filtered BGP routes > > Maybe I am asking the question in the wrong way. > > In a Foundry router when I type in this: > sh ip bgp neighbors IP_ADDRESS received-routes > > > I get this very near the top: > Status A:AGGREGATE B:BEST b:NOT-INSTALLED-BEST C:CONFED_EBGP D:DAMPED > E:EBGP H:HISTORY I:IBGP L:LOCAL M:MULTIPATH S:SUPPRESSED > F:FILTERED > > > Filtered being what I have filtered based off of prefix or as-path > lists. > > > On the Cisco I type in this: > sh ip bgp neighbors IP_ADDRESS received-routes > > And get this near the top: > Status codes: s suppressed, d damped, h history, * valid, > best, i - > internal, > r RIB-failure, S Stale > Origin codes: i - IGP, e - EGP, ? - incomplete > > > > I understand how to view the routes I am getting from the peer. How do > I > view the filtered/blocked/denied routes?
You could try to do debug ip bgp events/updates > > Thanks again for your help, > Daniel Faubel > > > -----Original Message----- > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] > [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Peter Rathlev > Sent: Friday, December 14, 2007 12:04 PM > To: [email protected] > Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Filtered BGP routes > > On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 10:55 -0800, Daniel Faubel wrote: > > I have a very quick question for you guys. I have prefix and filter > > lists on my BGP peers. Using Foundry gear I am able to very quickly > > see what routes I am not accepting from my peers by typing in: > > > > "sh ip bgp neighbors IP_ADDRESS received-routes | inc EF" > > > > How is this done using Cisco gear? > > As Robert writes, you can do it with the completely similar command: > "show ip bgp neighbors IP_ADDRESS received-routes". Just remember that > you have to enable inbound soft reconfiguration ("neighbor IP_ADDRESS > soft-reconfiguration inbound"). Beware that this makes your router > store > a copy of all the prefixes received from this neighbor, and that may > use > a lot of memory. > > Regards, > Peter Rathlev > > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
