Unfortunately some of us are still supporting kit that was released in the dark ages.
This whole thread reminds of a Microsoft tech I asked to make some changes on an windows 2000 system, he browned his trousers and cried that he was only capable of doing the work on a 2003 system because that's all his training had covered, this was only 12 months after 2003 had been released. The point is at least cisco people get the opportunity to learn the older systems as well as the new, which is far more useful then being in the same boat as said msce tech above :) -Dan -----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Garry Sent: Thursday, 10 January 2008 1:58 PM To: Nicholas Weaver; [email protected] >> cisco-nsp Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Current CCNA tests Nicholas Weaver wrote: > I just passed mine with a pretty decent score. > > I just focused on the basics and used a lot of the NetSim to practice > what I can't do in production at work. I felt it was fair exam. Of > course if I failed I might have thought differently. I didn't fail, due to the knowledge and experience I had, but for somebody who has a slight problem here and there, "unfair" questions can make a difference between passing and failing ... Here's examples from a 640-811 test I found: "What is the range of binary values for the first octet in Class B addresses?" - sorry, as Gert wrote, let's move on to the 21st Century ... or: "Determine how many usable sub networks and usable host addresses per subnet are in 213.105.72.0 when subnetted with a /28 mask" - luckily, the available answers mask out everything with the host-portion, as the only answer with "14 hosts" also has "14 networks". Which, as it is common nowadays on every Cisco-config I did, is wrong, as I could and would configure 16 networks ... This is what I'm ranting about - the tests seem to be made for people with NO hands-on experience, as they use information from the study guides (which again are outdated or wrong). Heck, can't somebody from Cisco weed out this junk?? -garry _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
