Stefan Hegger wrote: > Hi, > > I'm looking for a device that can provide us with ipflow/netflow data. Our > router isn't able to manage the netflows for a 10G connection. We have a > catalyst 6500 with a sup 720. As far as I know it supports up to 128000 table > entries. This is too small. So we are looking for a device that sniffer the > traffic via SPAN and than generates the tables we need for analysis. Does > someone know about such a device? >
You don't say how much traffic you need to 'inspect', but just few ideas. From what I understand, a SUP720 with XL xFC cards would handle up to 232k (or some other number 'close' to the magic 256k) TCAM entries for netflow, this may help a little with your problem. One thing that I seem to recall also, is that you can (and the usual suspects on the list may want to confirm/deny this :-)..) 1- Use DFCs, if you have DFCs, I understand each slot would handle their own 'inbound' Netflow, so you scale as you grow, with XLs based DFCs, even better. 2- Use 'per interface' Netflow, also, I understand some recent IOS release support enabling netflow in specific ingress interfaces only, saving TCAM space. _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
