Justin M. Streiner wrote: > On Wed, 23 Apr 2008, Benny Amorsen wrote: > > We've had to do this in many of our wiring closets. The 3750s are usually > OK, but the 3750-Es are deeper and heavier and really need to be center > mounted. The 3560-Es are deeper and heavier still, reaching a point where > I'd rather see additional chassis go to a 2U form factor than get any > deeper or heavier.
I was commenting on something related this weekend when I moved. One of my helpers asked about the weight of the Cabletron switches I was moving out of my lab and I pointed out the super heavy rack mount brackets. The brackets are almost as long as the switch and most importantly the wrap around under the switch to support it from below. Now while this does take up more room in a rack, I have never had a problem with one of them drooping. If the rack could take it, I could probably place a small child on the back of one of those switches without too much of a problem. Forget these crappy little tiny ears. Give us something sturdy! Our network switches shouldn't be sagging like CATV equipment... Justin _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
