It's possible that FN is wrong. What feature set are you using? Do you have 'memory-size iomem' configured on the router? Or something along those lines, if memory serves me right (pun intended). I believe the 2600s and 3600s supported the command. Dedicating a large amount to iomem might reduce the CPU memory to that which the router would find insufficient.
Chuck Church Principal Network Engineer, CCIE #8776 Harris Information Technology Services EDS Contractor - Navy Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI) 1210 N. Parker Rd. | Greenville, SC 29609 Office: 864-335-9473 | Cell: 864-266-3978 -----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steven Pfister Sent: Friday, May 30, 2008 12:36 PM To: [email protected] Subject: [c-nsp] Memory requirements in Cisco Feature Navigator I've got an IOS (12.3(14)T7) that I'm trying to load onto a 3640 router. According to the feature navigator, it should require 96mb DRAM, 32mb flash, which this router has. But, when I try to boot it, it gives me an out-of-memory error and crashes during boot. Is the FN wrong, or is there something I can do? Thanks! Steve Pfister Technical Coordinator, The Office of Information Technology Dayton Public Schools 115 S. Ludlow St. Dayton, OH 45402 Office (937) 542-3149 Cell (937) 673-6779 Direct Connect: 137*131747*8 Email [EMAIL PROTECTED] _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
