Hello, I'm looking for the best way to prevent unwanted wireless routers or other unwanted bridging devices on a network. For example a wireless router with the wan port plugged in to the network or a router in bridging mode with dhcp off.
>From other posts I have read about using dhcp snooping. I'm wondering if it works when someone plugs in a router into a switch because the "wan" port will only request an address, the dhcp will be on the routers "lan" side. Also I would like to prevent unwanted static ip addresses on this network as well. My current setup is a 3560 switch which has multiple 2960 switches connected to it. I would like to prevent this type of traffic right at the edge ports. Would an access list be the appropriate way to protect this? Unfortunately port security will not work for us. Thanks, Dan. _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
