Thanks for this info. I will look into this some more, but I think there should be some stuff here that should help me.
On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 4:43 PM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Hi, > >> Also I would like to prevent unwanted static ip addresses on this >> network as well. My current setup is a 3560 switch which has multiple >> 2960 switches connected to it. I would like to prevent this type of >> traffic right at the edge ports. Would an access list be the >> appropriate way to protect this? Unfortunately port security will not >> work for us. > > you'll probably want the IP source guard functionality. this means > the device will only touch IP addresses that are known via its > IP to MAC binding table generated via DHCP (DHCP snooping drives > the show) > > really its all part of the 'Turn It On' program. > > http://www.cisco.com/web/strategy/docs/gov/turniton_cisf.pdf > > alan > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
