Yea we have 6509's so I was thinking of that one. I don't see many 6506 or smaller any more :P

Don't like mixing modules, just a personal thing.. I like consistency :) but you are right they are rather expensive and for low bandwidth applications the other ones work great still..



Peter Rathlev wrote:
On Tue, 2008-06-17 at 18:59 -0400, Paul wrote:
OK.. What device is this? 7600? 6500? If it's a 6500 the Sup720 should be in slot 6

It's Sup720 as far as I can see in OPs output. Whether it's 6500 or 7600
is probably of less relevance here. Where is slot 6 in a 6504 or 6503
chassis? ;-)

The WS-X6148-GE-TX will run in Bus mode as that is all it supports..

But the other modules should run in truncated mode.

I would get rid both of the modules and put in CEF720 modules (WS-X67....)

They can be quite expensive compared to the 6100 series, and if all you
need is a wiring closet card, then 6148 should be fine. The new A model
has larger buffers than 6748 and 6724. :-)

Regards,
Peter




_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to