Thanks Pete : this is what I have 
sh fab sw 
Global switching mode is Flow through
dCEF mode is not enforced for system to operate
Fabric module is not  required for system to operate
Modules are allowed to operate in bus mode
Truncated mode is not allowed unless threshold is met
Threshold for truncated mode operation is 2 SFM-capable cards

Module Slot     Switching Mode
    1                      Bus
    2                      Bus
    3                      Bus              <<<< can be 
--------------

  I read about cycle the power ;-) thanks for the head up....
  So I need to plan for a maint-window then. Since I have mix cards, I
need to use truncate mode, right ?

Regards,
Loc Pham, # 17030 R/S
"We switch our network dedicately :One packet at a time... "

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Rathlev [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 2:27 PM
To: Pham, Loc
Cc: Cisco NSPs
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] fabric switching enable

On Tue, 2008-06-17 at 12:35 -0700, Pham, Loc wrote:
> How can I identify whether our module is switched on mix mode and how
> to change it ? any gotcha ?
>  
> xxx#sh fab sw mo all
> Module Slot     Switching Mode
>    1                      Bus
>    2                      Bus
>    3                      Bus 
> 
> XXX#sh fab sta
>  slot    channel      speed    module               fabric
>                                status               status
>     1          0        20G        OK                   OK

You wouldn't happen to have a "fabric switching-mode force bus-mode" in
your running config?

Try doing a "show fabric switching-mode" without the "module all", it
gives some interesting lines in the beginning.

Changing switching mode power cycles the modules by the way. I guess
that's a gotcha. :-)

Regards,
Peter




_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to