On Tue, 2008-06-24 at 09:21 +0100, Timothy Arnold wrote: > Hi, > > I've got to terminate a remote site in to a customer's VRF using a GRE > tunnel. The tunnel comes up and I can ping across the tunnel and I can > also reach other hosts in the same VRF on the PE router that the > tunnel terminates. However I cannot reach any hosts on other PE > routers. For example, the traffic path is as follows > > CE---GRE---PE-1---PE-2---FIREWALL > > I don't see any ICMP packets hitting the firewall.
You're sure you're not seeing them reaching the firewall, right? So I assume the problem isn't the return traffic. > However, other hosts on PE1 are able to reach the firewall without any > issues. The GRE tunnel on PE-1 is in the correct VRF <cut> > It is strange how it only occurs with the GRE tunnel. Anyone have any > suggestions on how I can troubleshoot this further? What platform/software is the CPE and the PEs? Can you do a trace from the CPE and see at least PE1? Does the CPE use a static default towards PE1? Regards, Peter _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
