Just kidding... while ( ! ( succeed = try_sx_train() ) );
-----Mensagem original----- De: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Em nome de Gert Doering Enviada em: quarta-feira, 13 de agosto de 2008 18:01 Para: Phil Mayers Cc: 'Cisco-nsp' Assunto: Re: [c-nsp] SXI on 6500 (was: SXH on 6500) Hi, On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 11:02:52AM +0100, Phil Mayers wrote: > Think about it: > > You're the 6500 IOS team. You have a large body of upstream IOS code, > and you have to back-port it, but at the *same* time you also have to > modularise it. > > Contrast: > > You're the 7600 IOS team. You have a large body of upstream IOS code. > You just have to back-port it. <rant> Did I mention that the whole 6500-vs-7600-vs-"why the hell would anybody want stable IOS?" debacle is really annoying? IOS quality on the 6500/7600 platform, which really should be the "show horse" platform for Cisco, is on the same (low) level as "new hardware T train release" - but on other platforms one can usually choose a non-T train, while on 6500/7600, usually you don't even get to choose between pest or cholera... I can't believe why things as "IPv6 on a SVI" or "scp from the box" could simply be non-working in new releases. Is anyone testing this stuff? Or is the single programmer in each BU fully occupied with keeping the gazillion of BU "stupid decision makers" off his back? [..] > Let's not kid ourselves - SXF is going to be the stable release for > some time to come. I just hope they release an SXF train with support > for the 6716s I bought... There is no SXF support for the Sup720-10G either, as far as I have been led to understand, so I wouldn't hold my breath... (Stupid me, falling for Cisco sales pitch again "hey, when we have to swap your 7606S chassis against 6506 chassis anyway, what about paying just a leeeetle extra and getting a Sup720->Sup720-10G upgrade with it?"). Now we're running SXH3, have lost BFD on SVIs, and are waiting for some catastrophic thing to happen to our network. </rant> gert -- USENET is *not* the non-clickable part of WWW! //www.muc.de/~gert/ Gert Doering - Munich, Germany [EMAIL PROTECTED] fax: +49-89-35655025 [EMAIL PROTECTED] _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
