Grzegorz Janoszka wrote:
Matlock, Kenneth L wrote:
So from then on, I've always removed the ACL from the interface, removed the ACL, rebuilt it, and re-applied it to the interface. If you have the lines copied into a clipboard, you can paste the stuff in fairly quickly, and not really allow much 'bad' traffic in.

The simplest thing is to prepare a file containing "no acl XXX" and then redefinition of the acl, put it of tftp server and load it using:
copy tftp://I.P.I.P/acl running-config

You do not need any extra tricks to do it, like temporary acl's and do on.

I don't believe that this is instantaneous. This still has the problem of blocking at least some traffic while the lines of config are loaded. While this may not be perceived as a big problem for some networks and some traffic patterns, this will kill TCP sessions when the either end receives a TCP reset. I suspect that it will also jack with SIP and MGCP sessions when an ICMP port unreachable is sent in response to reject RTP datagrams. That wouldn't be good.

What's needed is to not reject any packets. The only ways I can see that happening is to either switch ACLs or remove the ACL from interface before you add the first line to it. That is until Cisco adds a way to let us make ACL changes and control when they are committed and compiled. It seems like I read something about something added to the later 12.4T code to make ACL updates easier. I'll have to dig out the release notes to read up on it.

Justin


_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to