Justin Shore wrote:
The simplest thing is to prepare a file containing "no acl XXX" and then redefinition of the acl, put it of tftp server and load it using:
copy tftp://I.P.I.P/acl running-config

You do not need any extra tricks to do it, like temporary acl's and do on.

I don't believe that this is instantaneous. This still has the problem of blocking at least some traffic while the lines of config are loaded. While this may not be perceived as a big problem for some networks and some traffic patterns, this will kill TCP sessions when the either end receives a TCP reset. I suspect that it will also jack with SIP and MGCP sessions when an ICMP port unreachable is sent in response to reject RTP datagrams. That wouldn't be good.

So, configure the port not to send any icmp, not tcp rst packets and you will not loose any connection.

--
Grzegorz Janoszka
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to