kcc wrote:
Hi all
I am new in cisco
1/ Can I know what is this command issue?
cisco6513(config)#username peter privilege 15 password 7 peterpassword
Invalid encrypted password: peterpassword
Because you have the number "7" after the keyword "password", IOS is
expecting an obfuscated (encrypted is too strong a word here) password
to follow. You have supplied a plaintext password. Try:
username peter privilege 15 password peterpassword
Or for more security if your IOS supports it:
username peter privilege 15 secret peterpassword
2/ I want to learn about best practice when doing the cisco config?
eg:
I heard it is better to issue command "eg: shutdown xx sec" when doing the
remote configure critical routes
it can avoid the lost connection. the router can reload the startup config
even though loss the connection
Yes, if you're configuring remotely, you can type:
reload in 30
which tells the router to reload in 30 minutes. Then make your
configuration changes. If you lock yourself out, the changes won't be
written to memory and when the timer expires you can get back in with
the old configuration. If you are successful in modifying the
configuration without locking yourself out, after saving your changes type:
reload cancel
to stop the countdown and cancel the reload process.
--
Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Impulse Internet Service - http://www.impulse.net/
Your local telephone and internet company - 805 884-6323 - WB6RDV
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/