On Friday 17 October 2008 13:28:35 kcc wrote: > > Hi all > > > > I am new in cisco > > > > 1/ Can I know what is this command issue? > > > > cisco6513(config)#username peter privilege 15 password 7 peterpassword > > Invalid encrypted password: peterpassword
This command is invalid because the string 'peterpassword' is plaintext. Change the 7 to 0. > > 2/ I want to learn about best practice when doing the cisco config? > > eg: > > I heard it is better to issue command "eg: shutdown xx sec" when doing > > the remote configure critical routes > > it can avoid the lost connection. the router can reload the startup > > config even though loss the connection If you are making changes that could potentially cause loss of remote connectivity, and you do not have physical access to the box, it is best practice to issue 'reload in x' where x is the minutes until reload. You want to ensure that x is long enough to make and verify your changes but short enough not to cause extended downtime if you make a mistake. Five to ten minutes is usually good for us. And remember to issue 'reload cancel' if your changes are made successfully. > > Thank you for your help _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
