I think you can format the card (if it's the 64MB ATA card) in a PC running Windows, use FAT16 filesystem. Copy the image to the card, and try to boot it from ROMMON. Once running, you'll need to format the card in IOS (so the MONLIB (kind of like a boot sector) is put on there). Then you can use Windows to copy the file again to the card (but don't format it again, obviously). Then I think it should auto-boot. If it's less than 64MB, I don't think Windows can recognize it as a disk drive without special drivers, which may or may not exist. Make sure your ROMMON version is 7.1(1) if it is a 64MB card, can't recognize it without.
Chuck -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of David Lima Sent: Friday, December 12, 2008 1:08 PM To: Scott McGrath; Teller, Robert Cc: [email protected] Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Cat6500 sup2 boot from PCMCIA Hi again, just one question. Is there a way to format the PCMCIA card from another device (A router or a PC). It because I don't have any othr supervisor2 to do this. It could be compatible? Thanks for any suggestión. David -----Mensaje original----- De: Scott McGrath [mailto:[email protected]] Enviado el: Viernes, 12 de Diciembre de 2008 11:16 a.m. Para: Teller, Robert CC: David Lima; [email protected] Asunto: Re: [c-nsp] Cat6500 sup2 boot from PCMCIA You can boot a sup2 from TFTP in ROMMON Teller, Robert wrote: > I ran into a similar problem and had to RMA a new sup/cf card from > cisco. > > -----Original Message----- > From: [email protected] > [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of David Lima > Sent: Friday, December 12, 2008 7:41 AM > To: [email protected] > Subject: [c-nsp] Cat6500 sup2 boot from PCMCIA > > Hi all, I have a Cat6500 x6k-sup2-2ge running an IOS software. > > My problem is that I'm stuck in rommon mode after the IOS upgrade. Now I > have A PCMCIA and I want to boot the new IOS from the PCMCIA. > > I cannot format the PCMCIA from the rommon mode. > > How can I format the PCMCIA? The only way is format from the target > Catatalyst switch? > > All these because I have an error about invalid magic number when I > insert the PCMCIA card into the Supervisor2 slot in rommon mode. > > Please I need your help, > > Thanks in advance. > > David > > > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > > > ######################################################### > The information contained in this e-mail and subsequent attachments may be > privileged, > confidential and protected from disclosure. This transmission is intended > for the sole > use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the > intended > recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. > If you > think that you have received this message in error, please e-mail the sender > at the above > e-mail address. > ######################################################### > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3684 (20081211) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3684 (20081211) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
