You need to reduce the number of features you are actively using in the switch, 
pick an IOS, put in the lab, fully regression-test it with load-testing (and 
test all possible functions and failures of all protocols and features) then 
deploy.

Oh wait... thats not possible is it?  You need to do this soon right?  You 
don't have a year to develop a test plan and scripts and fully test it?  By the 
time you do that, the software you are testing will have been deferred or have 
an advisory on it for major defects. 

hmmm...

Well spin the barrel, close your eyes, and pull the trigger.




________________________________
From: Jon Lewis <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 2:01:25 PM
Subject: [c-nsp] 6500 stable code

I'm getting ready to spin the IOS roullette wheel again with a 6500 that's been 
running 12.2(18)SXF12a as a hot spare.  Safe Harbor says 12.2(18)SXF13 is 
"Recommended" and the last version of SXF they plan to say anything about.  The 
pdf link
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/safe_harbor/campus/12_18_sxf13/Campus_12.2(18)SXF13.pdf
is dead.

In the software center, I see there have been a few additional releases, and in 
fact if I try to get 12.2(18)SXF13, I get a warning that there have been 
serious issues found in it and 12.2(18)SXF14 is recommended.  When I try to get 
12.2(18)SXF14, I see it's got even more issues, and 12.2(18)SXF15 is 
recommended....The first one I get to that doesn't give me warnings of serious 
issues and reommend the next release is 12.2.18-SXF15a.  So...has anyone been 
running 12.2.18-SXF15a (which is apparently the latest of SXF) in a BGP/OSPF 
environment and care to chime in about its stability or lack thereof?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jon Lewis                  |  I route
Senior Network Engineer    |  therefore you are
Atlantic Net                |
_________ http://www.lewis.org/~jlewis/pgp for PGP public key_________
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to