On Wed, 28 Jan 2009, Jon Lewis wrote:
I'm getting ready to spin the IOS roullette wheel again with a 6500 that's been running 12.2(18)SXF12a as a hot spare. Safe Harbor says 12.2(18)SXF13 is "Recommended" and the last version of SXF they plan to say anything about. The pdf link
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/safe_harbor/campus/12_18_sxf13/Campus_12.2(18)SXF13.pdf
is dead.

In the software center, I see there have been a few additional releases, and in fact if I try to get 12.2(18)SXF13, I get a warning that there have been serious issues found in it and 12.2(18)SXF14 is recommended. When I try to get 12.2(18)SXF14, I see it's got even more issues, and 12.2(18)SXF15 is recommended....The first one I get to that doesn't give me warnings of serious issues and reommend the next release is 12.2.18-SXF15a. So...has anyone been running 12.2.18-SXF15a (which is apparently the latest of SXF) in a BGP/OSPF environment and care to chime in about its stability or lack thereof?

I've been running the "ADVANCED IP SERVICES SSH" image of 12.2(18)SXF15a (file s72033-advipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-18.SXF15a.bin) in several 6500+720 boxes since early Nov 2008 with little/no trouble. I run BGP & ISIS (formerly OSPF), IPv4 unicast/multicast, & IPv6 unicast; nothing else very weird.

________________________________________________________________________
Jay Ford, Network Engineering Group, Information Technology Services
University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242
email: [email protected], phone: 319-335-5555, fax: 319-335-2951
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to