I've tried it a couple of times with the last time being in the middle of 08. Every time I tried I've been bitten bad...and have 0 running in production.

I won't be moving anything/anyone/anywhere to it anytime soon.

tv
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Pinkard" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 5:48 PM
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Modular or not? (and what happened to my OSPF?)



An amusing update....

The OSPF problem is triggered by fast hello timers which are interfered with by other CPU intensive tasks (such as reloading BGP or running install file) - but only on modular code!

Back to the original thought, though: How is cisco progressing with this, and what have your experiences been?

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Dan Pinkard
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 10:53 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [c-nsp] SXI: Modular or not? (and what happened to my OSPF?)


I've been wading through the murk and muck of 12.2(33)SXI in the hopes of learning more about modular code and the related upgrade process... that leads me to want to ask in a more public fashion: how's that going for you? Is it worth the mental anguish of being on the bleeding edge? Has it actually improved the reload/upgrade times? Other hassles?

My only caveat thus far is that OSPF seems less stable. Adjacent 6500s are able to maintain their OSPF sessions, but the two 7206s they uplink to find cause to reset now and then. Of course this is only on the modular code!

What gives?!

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to