Hi,

On Sat, Feb 07, 2009 at 09:10:12AM +0100, [email protected] wrote:
> > Breaking PMTUd is OK?  Thanks very much.
> 
> We block RFC1918 source addresses at our borders. This is not
> negotiable. If it breaks PMTUd because some operator used 1918
> addresses on links, too bad...

In case my opinion on this was not obvious (I received some private e-mail
concerning doubts): I'm very much opposed to breaking PMTUd or traceroutes
by using RFC1918 addresses on links.

(If you can get your routers to source ICMPs from global addresses, then
I have no issue with the RFC1918 part on the transfer networks - but ICMP 
is important, and breaking it is bad).

gert
-- 
USENET is *not* the non-clickable part of WWW!
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             [email protected]
fax: +49-89-35655025                        [email protected]

Attachment: pgpDVmh84qWbb.pgp
Description: PGP signature

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to