Remember that full SFM usage requires all modules to be
fabric-enabled. If there are any line cards that aren't fabric
enabled, all traffic will still go thru the bus, doesn't matter if it
is an OIR or from power-up.

Your question is if this OIR stands for Online Insertion and Removal
or for Online Insertion and Reboot... although I don't know the
answer, what I saw over the years is that even if it doesn't require a
reboot, you will want to do one, because any issues will have after
that will make you wonder whether if it's due to OIR or not, so you
will end up rebooting anyway.

So, reboot while you have a planned window to do so, not when you are
under pressure.


Rubens


On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 9:56 PM, Ben Steele <[email protected]> wrote:
> Howdy,
> I'm looking for some info on the insertion of a SFM into a live 6500(Sup2
> obviously), can't seem to find any info on Cisco as to the consequences this
> may have to traffic flowing through the Bus at the time(ie dropped packet
> rates), and I want to know if the modules go from using Bus only backplane
> to crossbar as soon as the module initiates or whether a reload would
> actually be required for this.
>
> Cheers
>
> Ben
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
>
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to