Hi, On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 10:26:42AM +1030, Ben Steele wrote: > I'm looking for some info on the insertion of a SFM into a live 6500(Sup2 > obviously), can't seem to find any info on Cisco as to the consequences this > may have to traffic flowing through the Bus at the time(ie dropped packet > rates), and I want to know if the modules go from using Bus only backplane > to crossbar as soon as the module initiates or whether a reload would > actually be required for this.
I've never done this, so I can speak from personal experience.
Judging from the overwall way the box decides how to do switching
("if there is a 3A DFC in the system, all 3B PFCs fall back to 3A mode,
and you need a reload to get it back to 3B"), my guess would be "you
can insert it just fine, but it won't be used for switching unless you
reload". So I'd schedule a maintenance window with downtime.
I'm looking forward to hear about your experiences, though :-)
gert
--
USENET is *not* the non-clickable part of WWW!
//www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany [email protected]
fax: +49-89-35655025 [email protected]
pgpZVa40tFoKV.pgp
Description: PGP signature
_______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
