On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 3:25 AM, Ben Steele <[email protected]> wrote:
> Thanks Rubens, i'm aware of the line card requirements to operate in full
> compact mode, my question i'm really interested in is during the insertion
> of the module is there any dropped packets while the cards move from a Bus
> switching mode to compact switching.

It's been a while so my mind may be playing tricks on me, but as I
recall the box hiccups a bit while it does its backplane sync magic
and then continues on its merry way. Depending on timing and your
traffic patterns this event may or may not rate as "noticeable" to
your users.

Note that I can't swear that my recollection reflects inserting a new
SFM into a box currently in bus mode (as opposed to swapping out an
existing SFM), so YMMV. I'll echo the recommendation to schedule
downtime and reload the box just to be sure.

-link
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to