What is the current vtp mode of the switch? -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Keith Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 11:03 AM To: [email protected] Subject: [c-nsp] VTP domain.
Have a 3560 I am configuring to replace a 3550. Somehow the 3560 grabbed a vtp domain name when it was connected to another switch in our lab rack. The switch is not part of any domain, it just pushes packets. The 3550 being replaced has no vtp domain name. Is it possible to remove the vtp domain name without deleting the vlan.dat file? I have looked over the TAC but see nothing really regarding removing a vtp domain name. Lots about adding one, not about removing one. There are two routed connections to two other switches, I don't have to worry about any vlan advertisments being sent from the 3560 as long as there are no trunks between switches correct? I'm very afraid of swapping out the switches and having vlan data overwritten... Thanks for any info. _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ ######################################################### The information contained in this e-mail and subsequent attachments may be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. This transmission is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this message in error, please e-mail the sender at the above e-mail address. ######################################################### _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
