Once upon a time, Dale Shaw <[email protected]> said: > The VTP domain name string can be up to 32 characters. It starts at > position 0xA (10) and goes through to 0x29 (41). I suppose there's a > strong possibility other parts of the file (other than the domain name > string) are changed with a domain name change.
The byte before that is the length of the domain name, so you'd have to change that too. I don't know if this is documented anywhere, but I figured out most of the interesting (for me anyway) contents of vlan.dat: off len description 8 1 VTP Version 9 1 VTP Domain Name length 10 - VTP Domain Name (length from offset 9) 44 4 Configuration Revision 48 4 Last modified from this IP 56 2 Last modified time - 2 digit year (not Y2K!) 58 2 Last modified time - month 60 2 Last modified time - day 62 2 Last modified time - hour 64 2 Last modified time - minute 66 2 Last modified time - second 148 4 Number of existing VLANs Starting at offset 160, there is an array of 60 byte entries for each defined VLAN (number of entries from offset 148): off len description 0 1 VLAN name length 1 - VLAN name (length from offset 0) 34 1 VLAN type 36 2 VLAN MTU 38 2 VLAN ID 40 2 VLAN SAID I'm sure there's more in there that is useful, but that was enough for my home-grown config saver to store a text config in CVS instead of a binary vlan.dat. -- Chris Adams <[email protected]> Systems and Network Administrator - HiWAAY Internet Services I don't speak for anybody but myself - that's enough trouble. _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
