Hi Ray.. Use the ZX SFP and check the levels - if needed, put attenuators inline to drop the signal back down.... we have some runs with ZX in place at 12-15km and no attenuation with no issues - they have been in place for several years now...
I don't have the specs but the receiver sensitivity I believe is the key (what highs and lows it can tolerate).... someone may have a more technical explanation for you ;) Take care, Paul -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Ray Burkholder Sent: Friday, March 13, 2009 11:48 AM To: 'cisco-nsp' Subject: [c-nsp] 15km optics I have a carrier which has about 13km to 15km of fibre to their CO. They run 1310 nm alcatel equipment on their end. I was wanting to use a Cisco GLC-LH-SM on my end but that is rated for 10km. The GLC-ZX-SM is 1550 nm 70km device which is incompatible. Does anyone have suggestions on how to complete this link? inexpensive optical regenerator? small intermediate alcaltel box? a cisco SFP running 1310 nm and has longer range? Ray -- Scanned for viruses and dangerous content at http://www.oneunified.net and is believed to be clean. _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
