Hi,

I find that using

spanning-tree uplinkfast

is best-suited for uplink ports.

If all your equipment supports it, I strongly suggest using Rapid Per-VLAN spanning tree:

spanning-tree mode rapid-pvst

Which will reduce your convergence time dramatically.

I've found standarizing on portfast for PC/server connections is always a good idea - enabling bpduguard will prevent any device that participate in the spanning tree to talk to the network, reducing the risk of having ports in the wild where users *might* create a network loop. Just make sure you enable an automatic recovery for the port (errdisable recovery) or else this may require you to manually intervene to restore connectivity.

Good luck,
Tristan


----- Original Message ----- From: <[email protected]>
To: "Darren Yang" <[email protected]>
Cc: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 8:52 PM
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] How to improve C3750G switch uplink speed?


You are using this port for UPLINK, and it could be a trunk port. I
strongly suggest you should not use portfast on this port. This way you
can avoid loops and 30 second wait will be worth it.

Regards,
Masood
Blog: http://weblogs.com.pk/jahil/


Hi,

When I plug wire into c3750g port, it would wait about "30sec" then
change to uplink status.

Are there any method can cut down uplink time?


Regards,
Pigsign
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/



_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to