How did you deal with MTU issues from l2tpv3? In our testing we would see packets drop instead of fragmenting where they should... I've been meaning to followup on this as we have some great l2tpv3 deployments waiting in the wings...
Paul -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Ge Moua Sent: Thursday, June 18, 2009 10:44 AM To: Ziv Leyes Cc: [email protected] Subject: Re: [c-nsp] L2TPv3 and VLANs > How do I make this happen on the HQ router? Each l2tp tunnel will have its own vc: "sh l2tun all" You obviously have thoughts this all out as your logic for how it will and should work is sound. We are doing a very similar setup over here at the UofMn and this is working well for us. Regards, Ge Moua | Email: [email protected] Network Design Engineer University of Minnesota | Networking & Telecommunications Services Ziv Leyes wrote: > Hi, > I'm trying to make sure this following scenario can work. > 3 remote sites, one is the HQ which has a switch that handles 2 vlans, let's say vlan 10 and vlan 20. > The other two branches needs to be connected to the HQ and have a flat LAN between them and the HQ, but each branch to it's own vlan, branch 1 to vlan 10 and branch 2 to vlan 20. They must NOT see each other's traffic. > Every site has a switch and a router (C2801 I think) Is it possible to do? > If yes, then I was thinking about L2TPv3, but in this case I'd need to make two different xconnections between HQ-->Branch 1 and HQ-->Branch 2. > How do I make this happen on the HQ router? I was thinking to bring the vlans via a trunk from the switch and then finishing them on sub-interfaces with dot1q and then xconnecting the sob-interface to each l2tp tunnel to each respective branch. Is it correct or there is a better way? > > Will this work? > > Thanks in advance for your help > Ziv > > > > > **************************************************************************** ******** > This footnote confirms that this email message has been scanned by > PineApp Mail-SeCure for the presence of malicious code, vandals & computer viruses. > **************************************************************************** ******** > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
