RTP, video streaming, h.323, & the like; nothing really breaks, just
"spongy" response if the pipe is saturated.
Regards,
Ge Moua | Email: [email protected]
Network Design Engineer
University of Minnesota | Networking & Telecommunications Services
Paul Stewart wrote:
Thanks... we don't want to touch each workstation - would involve way too
much time for our installations...;)
With UDP traffic, does anything "normally" break that comes to mind on
larger MTU? I can't think of anything hence why I'm asking...
Cheers,
Paul
-----Original Message-----
From: Ge Moua [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: June 18, 2009 11:33 AM
To: Paul Stewart
Cc: 'Ziv Leyes'; [email protected]
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] L2TPv3 and VLANs
Yep, ran into that to; on the upstream layer-3 hop from hosts do
something like "tcp-mss adjust 1300" which will ensure tcp packets haver
enough head-room for l2tpv3 headers. With UDP traffic, this get more
tricky; I haven't done this yet but one can adjust max segment size on
end-station hosts to something like 1300 (which of course would affect
all protocol types); there are open source tools to do this, but
downside is that all the end-station hosts need to touched for
consistency; i suppose I'm too lazy : - (
Regards,
Ge Moua | Email: [email protected]
Network Design Engineer
University of Minnesota | Networking & Telecommunications Services
Paul Stewart wrote:
How did you deal with MTU issues from l2tpv3? In our testing we would see
packets drop instead of fragmenting where they should... I've been meaning
to followup on this as we have some great l2tpv3 deployments waiting in
the
wings...
Paul
-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Ge Moua
Sent: Thursday, June 18, 2009 10:44 AM
To: Ziv Leyes
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] L2TPv3 and VLANs
> How do I make this happen on the HQ router?
Each l2tp tunnel will have its own vc: "sh l2tun all"
You obviously have thoughts this all out as your logic for how it will
and should work is sound.
We are doing a very similar setup over here at the UofMn and this is
working well for us.
Regards,
Ge Moua | Email: [email protected]
Network Design Engineer
University of Minnesota | Networking & Telecommunications Services
Ziv Leyes wrote:
Hi,
I'm trying to make sure this following scenario can work.
3 remote sites, one is the HQ which has a switch that handles 2 vlans,
let's say vlan 10 and vlan 20.
The other two branches needs to be connected to the HQ and have a flat
LAN
between them and the HQ, but each branch to it's own vlan, branch 1 to
vlan
10 and branch 2 to vlan 20. They must NOT see each other's traffic.
Every site has a switch and a router (C2801 I think) Is it possible to
do?
If yes, then I was thinking about L2TPv3, but in this case I'd need to
make two different xconnections between HQ-->Branch 1 and HQ-->Branch 2.
How do I make this happen on the HQ router? I was thinking to bring the
vlans via a trunk from the switch and then finishing them on
sub-interfaces
with dot1q and then xconnecting the sob-interface to each l2tp tunnel to
each respective branch. Is it correct or there is a better way?
Will this work?
Thanks in advance for your help
Ziv
****************************************************************************
********
This footnote confirms that this email message has been scanned by
PineApp Mail-SeCure for the presence of malicious code, vandals &
computer
viruses.
****************************************************************************
********
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/