Mario Spinthiras wrote:
I would say Zenoss is looking good because of the inventory management you
can do and because of the logical structure it puts everything in. I wrote
an old dusty article a long long time ago on NMSs , maybe you can take a
peak.
http://www.spinthiras.org/2008/07/network-monitoring/

Everything else just seems inadequate or poor.

And for goodness sake don't put nagios because it will take ages to
configure :)

Heh. In all seriousness though... it depends on your monitoring paradigm.

For example: many people use autodiscovery and friends to configure their monitoring, or manual configurations.

We do the opposite. We have a single central registration database. All hosts (and I do mean all) get entered into it. The nagios config is built *from* that database. Rather than edit the config, you make the database "be correct".

So, we spend essentially zero time configuring nagios. It's (re)built once every 5 minutes automatically.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to