On 17/07/2009 13:18, Jonny Martin wrote:
I think there was a touch of sarcasm in his original post. Nick's email
domain suggests he is familiar with the use of BGP :).

I admit to using BGP now and then.

In fact, it's not just the tools that cause real problems. We still don't even have a multiprotocol bgp-aware SNMP MIB. It's good that draft-ietf-idr-bgp4-mibv2 is in progress, but at the moment, unless you're talking about quagga and want to run Jeffrey Haas's reference patches for this MIB, you're out of luck.

I am really tired of screen-scraping the output of "show ipv6 bgp blah" or, heaven help us, similar commands for inspecting vrfs. Are we not living in 2009, and has ipv6 not been on the table for the last 12 years? Or did I miss something?

But with reference to Saku's post, I sympathise completely. Other tools are little different: OpenNMS, JFFNMS (which still requires "register_globals" to be enabled - serious!), Hyperic, Zabbix, etc. They are all very server oriented, and don't really do the sort of things I want them to do.

Nick
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to