Security Admin (NetSec) wrote:

Been having trouble setting up vlans on a Cisco 2950 switch.  I add one using 
the typical method via CLI:

Int vlan x
Ip address 192.xxx.yyy.zzz 255.255.255.240
No ip route-cache
No shut

The CLI screen notes that the vlan is up. As soon as I add another vlan (vlan 
y) vlan y will come up but vlan x will administratively go down.  This process 
is repeated each time I add a vlan so that only one vlan is up at any one time, 
which is the last vlan created.  Please note that I have vlan 1 shutdown and it 
is not used.

Question is how do I keep all my vlans up simultaneously?

You don't, at least not like that. A 2950 is a pure L2 switch, and it can have only one IP address at the same time, purely for management purposes. So as soon as you assign an IP adress to a VLAN interface (the 'int vlan xxx' command), the other one will go admin down.

You create L2 VLANs with the 'vlan xxx' command.

                Regards,

                        Marco.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to