Hi.  The 2950 does not do inter-vlan routing, therefore you can only have a 
single management VLAN with an IP address at any one time.

HTH

-ryan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] 
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Security Admin (NetSec)
Sent: Saturday, July 25, 2009 2:21 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [c-nsp] Dumb question of the day (on vlans)

If this is the wrong question for this newsgroup my apologies

Been having trouble setting up vlans on a Cisco 2950 switch.  I add one using 
the typical method via CLI:

Int vlan x
Ip address 192.xxx.yyy.zzz 255.255.255.240
No ip route-cache
No shut

The CLI screen notes that the vlan is up. As soon as I add another vlan (vlan 
y) vlan y will come up but vlan x will administratively go down.  This process 
is repeated each time I add a vlan so that only one vlan is up at any one time, 
which is the last vlan created.  Please note that I have vlan 1 shutdown and it 
is not used.

Question is how do I keep all my vlans up simultaneously?

Thanks in advance...
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to