Hi all,

I'm wondering if there is a way to slow down the speed of VTY (telnet) sessions 
on a Cisco router ?

We have the situation that when RANCID grabs a config from an older 7204 with 
NPE-300 it causes the CPU to hit 100% for a long 4-5 seconds, which is long 
enough for OSPF with 1 second hello-interval to time out and declare neighbours 
dead.

I've read the cisco doco on troubleshooting high CPU due to exec & vexec 
processes:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps359/products_tech_note09186a00801c2ae4.shtml

I know that the problem is the volume of data being transferred to the telnet 
session, all I want to do is throttle it a little bit. I wouldn't be concerned 
if it took twice as long for RANCID to grab the config from this device if it 
helped stop the timeouts. 

Any suggestions appreciated.


Thanks,
Tony.


      
__________________________________________________________________________________
Find local businesses and services in your area with Yahoo!7 Local.
Get started: http://local.yahoo.com.au

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to