Hi,

--- On Tue, 1/9/09, Pierfrancesco Caci <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> 
> We had a situation in the past where rancid would cause
> some 72xx and
> 75xx to crawl and sometime crash when accessing the disks..
> You
> may want to check if that's the case and comment out the
> offending
> command in @commandtable (around line 1700 of
> /usr/lib/rancid/bin/rancid)
> 

Thanks for the pointer. I had a look and the @commandtable array contains the 
following three lines:

 {'more system:running-config'   => 'WriteTerm'},
 {'show running-config'          => 'WriteTerm'},
 {'write term'                   => 'WriteTerm'},

Which I assume are to make sure it can get the config from multiple different 
types and versions of Cisco devices. All of these commands work on a 7204 
(which means it was getting the config three times I think), so I've commented 
out two of them so it's only executing a single "show run" command.

This seems to have helped quite a lot with the OSPF timeouts. I've cranked up 
RANCID to run every 10 minutes to flog the poor box to death and see if it will 
definitely not interfere with OSPF now. If it still does then I'll have to drop 
back to 2 second hello intervals which should definitely resolve all of the 
problems.

Thanks for the suggestion of changing the "scheduler allocate" parameters Gert. 
I went and read some documentation and tried changing it around a bit but it 
didn't appear to have any beneficial effects at all ?

One thing that I've just discovered that puzzles me is that the OSPF neighbour 
drops are only on ONE of the links that come into this 7204. It has neighbours 
on the interfaces Fa0/0.3, Atm1/0.2 & Atm1/0..3. It is only the neighbour on 
the Fa0/0.3 interface that is dropping, the two connected via ATM are not 
dropping at all. Is there any logical reason for this ? Is it because I'm using 
the 10/100 port on the I/O module ? Would it be any different if the ethernet 
interface was on a PA instead ?


Thanks,
Tony.


      
__________________________________________________________________________________
Find local businesses and services in your area with Yahoo!7 Local.
Get started: http://local.yahoo.com.au

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to