On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 17:29 -0500, Eric Girard wrote: > I'm not familiar with the IBM, but when I deploy the 3x20 for the HP > chassis, I just disable to the Fa0 port to cut it off from the HP > Onboard Administrator, and then proceed to configure it as a 'regular' > switch with a management VLAN that comes in on the regular uplinks to > the rest of the network. Hope that helps.
I'm apparantly not allowed to shut the interface, at least not with the switch not in protected mode. On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 19:22 -0500, Justin C Darby wrote: > Enable protected mode on the AMM, then 'platform chassis-management > protected-mode' on your switch. The switch will require a reload and sever > the fastethernet management ports automatically. As I wrote in the original post, the paperwork to get permission to do this isn't trivial, but of course it is the only correct answer. Thanks for the replies everyone. :-) -- Peter _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
