Peter,
I'm not familiar with the IBM, but when I deploy the 3x20 for the HP
chassis, I just disable to the Fa0 port to cut it off from the HP Onboard
Administrator, and then proceed to configure it as a 'regular' switch with a
management VLAN that comes in on the regular uplinks to the rest of the
network. Hope that helps.
Eric
-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Peter Rathlev
Sent: Monday, November 09, 2009 1:18 PM
To: cisco-nsp
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Catalyst Blade Switch 3012 inband management?
On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 19:09 +0100, Peter Rathlev wrote:
> What exactly is "Fa0" and where would I insert a cable into this port?
> It doesn't seem to exist physically on the front of the module.
Hmm... it seems that the bladecenter management interface actually
carries this traffic, i.e. the switch management is the same VLAN as I
place the Bladecenter AMM in.
Is there any way around this? I don't like placing server stuff (like
the AMM) together with my switches. :-)
--
Peter
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/