jack daniels wrote:
Hi Guys,
This is a paticular design issue I'm facing with customer where I have a lot
of constrainits .
Topology
The diagram is a bit mangled, at least for me...
MPLS CLOUD (ISP1)
MPLS CLOUD (ISP2)
|
|
|
|
|
|
CE1
CE2
|
|
|--------------------------------PIX525
(CLUSTER)---------------------------------
|
|
|
LAN ( 6509 catalyst switch - runnning
HSRP)
Issue - I want to go out via ISP1 and come back via ISP1 ......Backup is
CE2
When traffic reaches PIX cluster how will it decide whether ISP1 is UP and
traffic is not blackholed......How will PIX cluster decide to FWD traffic to
ISP2.
Now for this solution , constraints are -
1) I cant run HSRP on CE1 and CE2
2) Cant run run dynamic routing on PIX
3) IP SLA also can't also be used on PIX cluster
Oh good. An easy question </sarcasm>
Seriously - go back to the customer and re-negotiate the constraints.
Failing that - use something like EEM on CE1 to drop the physical link
from CE1->PIX if the internet goes away, and on the PIX, have two static
default routes - a low-cost one pointing to CE1 and a high-cost pointing
to CE2.
This assumes the link from CE1->PIX is an actual physical link. It
obviously won't work if it goes via a layer2 switch.
But HSRP or routing are the "best" ways to solve this.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/