jack daniels wrote: > Hi Guys, > > This is a paticular design issue I'm facing with customer where I have a lot > of constrainits . > > Topology > > > MPLS CLOUD (ISP1) > MPLS CLOUD (ISP2) > | > | > | > | > | > | > CE1 > CE2 > | > | > |--------------------------------PIX525 > (CLUSTER)--------------------------------- > | > | > | > LAN ( 6509 catalyst switch - runnning > HSRP) > > > Issue - I want to go out via ISP1 and come back via ISP1 ......Backup is > CE2 > > When traffic reaches PIX cluster how will it decide whether ISP1 is UP and > traffic is not blackholed......How will PIX cluster decide to FWD traffic to > ISP2. > > Now for this solution , constraints are - > > 1) I cant run HSRP on CE1 and CE2
Do you manage CE1/2 ? if not, how about getting the two ISPs to co-operate and do HSRP/VRRP between eachother? this situation is not impossible and I know of many examples (at least in Europe) where this takes place. > 2) Cant run run dynamic routing on PIX PIX does RIP and I think some BGP now, no? Even so if you don't manage CE1/2 you would have to get both managing parties to enable this. > 3) IP SLA also can't also be used on PIX cluster Are the pix in L2 or L3 mode? if in L2 could you not do IPSLA from the 6509 such to decide which CE for egress? If the pix are in L3 I suppose you could subdivide them into contexts for ISP1/2 and have each of these statically tied to CE1/2 and then use IPSLA on 6509 to fail between these? (yes, it would be messy and painful managing both sets of rules) Dave. > > Regards > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
