Steve

unless some odd memory allocation is occurring and based on what you provided, then you do not have enough memory to load the image. One thing to take in consideration is that the images are compressed, so during the boot process the router will decompress the image and if you do not have enough memory, it will obviously fail to boot. You say that you are running the 12.4(5C), but what feature set (IP/FW, IP Plus, IP)? Take note, that if you are trying to boot the IP PUS image this is what is more than likely causing your issue. This image requires at least 32MB
of RAM to boot. What is the file name that you copied to flash?

Billy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Edmonson" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2010 4:31 PM
Subject: [c-nsp] Insufficient memory to boot image on 827?


Hello there

I am trying to upgrade IOS on an 827 I have to 12.4(5c). The 827 has
24MB of DRAM, and this is the highest version that cisco.com says will
run inside 24MB. After I load the image on to the 827 and reload, I
get

SYSTEM INIT: INSUFFICIENT MEMORY TO BOOT THE IMAGE!

and the router reloads, tries to boot, runs out of RAM, reloads, etc, etc, etc.

When booting from an image that does work, show ver confirms that
there is 24MB of DRAM in the router

CISCO C827 (MPC855T) processor (revision 0x701) with 23552K/1024K
bytes of memory.

Is there any way to get this image to boot, or do I have no choice but
to upgrade the DRAM?

TIA
Steve
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/



_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to