Hi Steve, I had a similar thing with an 1801 - there was a memory command in the config allocating some of the Ram to IO.
Can't remember exactly what the command was but worth checking! Regards Nigel > Hello there > > I am trying to upgrade IOS on an 827 I have to 12.4(5c). The 827 > has 24MB of DRAM, and this is the highest version that cisco.com > says will run inside 24MB. After I load the image on to the 827 and > reload, I get > > SYSTEM INIT: INSUFFICIENT MEMORY TO BOOT THE IMAGE! > > and the router reloads, tries to boot, runs out of RAM, reloads, > etc, etc, etc. > > When booting from an image that does work, show ver confirms that > there is 24MB of DRAM in the router > > CISCO C827 (MPC855T) processor (revision 0x701) with 23552K/1024K > bytes of memory. > > Is there any way to get this image to boot, or do I have no choice > but to upgrade the DRAM? > > TIA > Steve > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
